WHAT IS ELMORE MUSIC
Based in Australia, Elmore Music is an online organisation that is dedicated to teaching guitar through a series of standalone online courses. The courses contain step-by-step video lessons, written instructions, and reference notes.
Although they have courses for all kinds of guitars and styles, I've decided to personally investigate the acoustic guitar lessons for beginners to advanced players, and focus my review mainly no the acoustic guitar course.
The reason for this is, many people search for something specific when it comes to learning the guitar, rather than something that is too general. For example, some people search for electric guitar lessons, some search for how to improve their lead guitar skills, some are looking for a course for total beginners to help them start on the guitar, and some just want to learn the acoustic guitar. And being an instrument with such high demands and popularity, I've decided to focus on it and provide all the relevant materials regarding the acoustic guitar course by the Elmore Music organisation.
First, allow me to add that you have three ways to get the acoustic guitar course:
- Buy the course online for an unlimited lifetime access to it – costs 40$.
- Buy the hard copy for offline viewing anywhere anytime you want – costs 50$.
- And lastly, you can buy a monthly subscription to get access to all their courses for only 13$ a month – very generious in my opinion.
- Click here to go to their website and learn more about their courses and how to purchase or subscribe.
THE ACOUSTIC GUITAR COURSE
So what does the course really contains? Is it worth it? Well, here's what to expect:
- 31 video lessons
- Professional guitar teacher (John) with over 21 years experience in teaching guitar, and 34 years overall in playing the guitar:
- Step-by-step instructions
- A structured specific order of lessons – follow lesson 1, lesson 2, up to finish. So you don't have to pick the lessons yourself and try to guess the correct order.
The lessons cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- Open Chords – Major, Minor, and Chord Progression
- Barre Chords – Major, Minor, and Chord Progression
- Strumming Techniques
- Fingerpicking Techniques
- Combining Scales and Chords
- Guitar Techniques – such as Hammer-on's and Pull-off's
- Harmonics and Harp Harmonics
- Exercises, Creative Chords, and Licks.
So as we can see the course covers a lot of topics, and seems to be all inclusive. With materials covering the fundamentals of chords, strumming, and fingerpicking, the course truly looks great.
However, I still needed to see the guitar instructor in action, and peek into one of the video lessons, to truly check and examine how the material is being conveyed, is it legit, and can the tutor explain himself well and instruct in a manner that is easy to comprehend, although having extraordinary credentials judging from his biography as seen in their website.
So I contacted them via email, asking for a special access to one of their video lessons so I'm able to test it out, and eventually report my findings to you, and fortunately, soon enough they got back to me with the following email:
They gave me access to this lesson called “Mastering Notes On The First String”, it's part of a beginner guitar course, and I was able to experience being a student to one of their courses.
In terms of content: I thought it was organised, delivered what I was expecting to see, and right on point (no wasting time with unrelated topics).
In terms of tutoring: I was satisfied with the way John has structured the lesson, and the way he phrases his words and instructions in a clear, easy to comprehend way that anybody with basic English skills can understand.
PROS AND CONS
- Experienced and well-known professional guitarist and instructor
- Have other courses that are highly relevant to acoustic guitar, such as: Beginner Course, Advanced Acoustic Guitar Course, Fingerpicking Course, Guitar Scales Course, and more.
- These courses allow you to continue learning after you finish the basic acoustic guitar course, or strenghthen your fundamentals before you take it.
- You get 7 days free trial to their email series “Practice songs step by step” in which, once a week they send you a practice song tutorial
- MAJOR POINT: 60 days money back guarantee, no questions asked! if you bought into the program and after a while you start feeling that this is not for you, you can cancel and get your money back. Not a lot of online programs offer this much amount of time for money-back feature, the majority of them offer between 7 days to 1 month. I always love and admire this feature, this shows confidence in their product and they're sure about its quality.
- They are involved in a small village project in India to help those in need, so part of the money you're paying for the lessons go directly to this project. How cool is that?
- No need for music background or knowledge in music theory. Their system works for everyone.
- Very in-expensive, get the course for 40$, or get a monthly subscription for 13$ and have access to all their stuff. Click here to start today
- Though having a variety of courses that deals with every aspect of guitar playing, many other programs offer a lot more courses, lessons, and features. If all you want is to learn the acoustic guitar, then this point is less relevant to you. However, after finishing all the acoustic guitar courses, you might need to purchase other courses such as theory courses, fingerpicking, etc to progress further, unless of course you go for the all-access pass and subscribe monthly, then all the courses are made available to you no restrictions.
- No live sessions with the guitar instructor – though you can contact him in case you got stuck via email or message.
- No “instant” feedback – Basically what you are buying is video lessons, with the ability to contact them or the guitar tutor in cases you needed more assistance. This is the case, however, for MOST online guitar teaching programs.
With all that has been said above, I think it's definitely worth to try them out and get their acoustic guitar course, especially with a 60 days money-back guarantee policy. After that you can get the advanced course for acoustic guitars, and then expand upon other courses that can enhance your acoustic guitar playing skills drastically, such as theory and scales, techniques, fingerpicking, strumming, and more.
If you are a quick learner and have lots of free time to practice, then I strongly recommend getting the monthly subscription instead, it will save you a lot of money, and you'll get access to every other course they have, and take them anytime that you like. If this sounds appealing to you, then sign up and get started today:
If you want to explore and discover other options, in the menu above under Reviews – Courses and Lessons you will find my reviews on other online guitar teaching programs and lessons. You are free to check them out and choose one that fits you best.
Wish you best of luck and enjoy your acoustic music!